Thank you for choosing to have your procedure at The Endoscopy Center, Inc.
- The Endoscopy Center, Inc. is a free-standing ambulatory surgery center.
- Our mission is to provide a high quality endoscopic facility for diagnostic procedures with an emphasis on patient convenience, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- The Corporation is physician owned and the physician performing your procedure may be a part owner in the facility.
- The Endoscopy Center, Inc. is licensed by the State of South Dakota, approved by the Federal Health Care Financing Administration, is a participating Medicare Part B provider, accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc., and recognized by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy in their Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program.
- The Endoscopy Center, Inc. is located in leased space at 2820 Mount Rushmore Road on the first floor of the Rapid City Medical Center building. The Urgent Care parking lot is the most convenient parking for access to our facility.
Please complete the registration form included in your mailing and bring it with you at the time of your appointment. You will be asked to present your photo ID and insurance card when you are registering for your appointment.
You may receive up to five (5) separate bills for your procedure:
- The facility fee is separate from any physician’s group practice and is billed through The Endoscopy Center, Inc. For questions regarding this fee, please call (605) 721-8500.
- The fee for the physician performing your procedure is billed through the Rapid City Medical Center, LLP. For questions regarding this fee, please call (605) 721-8499.
- If you have specimens taken during your procedure you will receive two separate bills:
- GI Histology Lab at Rapid City Medical Center – For questions, please call (605) 721-8499.
- Clinical Laboratory of the Black Hills – For questions, please call (877) 254-6522.
- If you receive sedation from a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, you will receive a bill from Peloton Anesthesia, PLLC. For questions regarding this fee, please call BCS at (888) 278-4126 and ask to speak with Patient Accounts.
Your out-of-pocket expenses will vary based on the type of insurance coverage you have.
- Please contact your insurance company prior to your procedure to:
- obtain any necessary pre-authorization required
- verify benefits and network provider status for both The Endoscopy Center, Inc. and the physician performing your procedure
- verify your benefits for a screening colonoscopy if applicable
- In the presence of any signs or symptoms, the procedure is considered a diagnostic exam and not a screening exam.
- Surveillance colonoscopy (history of colon polyps or cancer) with no current symptoms is considered a high risk screening procedure.
- Insurance companies consider your scheduled procedure to be outpatient surgery. Please notify your insurance company your procedure will be performed in an ambulatory surgery center.
- Any fees, or portion of fees, not paid by your health insurance is your responsibility.
The specifics of your health care coverage are a matter between you and your insurance company. It is important you understand your plan.
If you have any questions regarding your financial responsibility, please call (605) 721-8500 or (800) 336-3503 ext. 3507 to speak to the Patient Benefits Coordinator.